I am fundamentally messy, tidyness really does not come naturally to me, so in an effort to sort myself out I purchased Cut the Clutter by Cynthia Ewer.
This book is full of great tips such as what your clutter personality is and how to overcome it, how to organise the seemingly unorganisable and is even great for the naturally clean freaks among us.
As described in the book this is the perfect cleaning routine:
- Make beds
- Put dirty laundry in the laundry basket
- Wash, dry and put away one load of laundry
- Clear kitchen counters and wipe down counter top
- Clean kitchen sink
- Take out the kitchen rubbish
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Clear area around the TV
- Clear up clutter that has accumulated at the end of each day
- Dust rooms from top to bottom
- Clean windows and photo grames with glass cleaner
- Vacuum mattresses, curtain and carpet
- Empty bins
- Change bed linen and bathroom towels
- Clean bathrooms
- Wipe down the inside of the microwave
- Wash or dust hard surface floors
- Dust furniture
- Sweep entrance if required
I am yet to successfully complete this routine- but still it’s good to aim high!
For more Home/Interior Design Posts click here